Skip to content
- The name of our DAO: The DAO of Big Mother, or the DOBM.
- The problem we are addressing: There are few funding mechanisms for solutions to the “Big Tech” problem, eloquently explained in the Netflix film, “The Social Dilemma.” The Big Tech problem includes:
The problem specifically created unintentionally by 3rd party advertising architecture as owned and operated by Google and Facebook.
The overall problem of online misinformation and harassment that has drenched Web 2.0 across social media sites such as Reddit, Facebook, and Twitter.
- The purpose of our DAO: To support a network of start-ups, nonprofits and research organizations that can execute solutions to the Big Tech problem.
- The Activities of the DAO: The DAO functions exactly like a creative studio, production company, broadcast network, and creative agency. We produce unique creative content and IP in the form of art, music, events, digital salons and multi-media in the form of NFTs.
- What makes us special: Our DAO starts with a unique innovation for self governance and mutually beneficial commerce within a social network, a form of gamification applied to copyright, art, and the power of the crowd working towards an aligned purpose. Other DAOs depend upon crude methods of decision making like voting, where any group that can muster enough votes can enforce outcomes that do not reflect pure consensus of the rest of the community. In contrast, we are using higher level consensus methods that take everyone’s perspective into account, in order to produce decisions that are far more collectively intelligent and consensual.
- Our area of focus: Funding projects within the intersection of media and technology which offer viable alternatives in marketplaces and ecosystems where Big Tech is dominating.
- Our guiding principle: Our DAO is applying a type of consensus building that is collaborative and non-competitive. While this may appear counterintuitive at first, we are introducing an impenetrable psychological “blockchain” that can function in practical and social settings while also producing the most reliable possible outcome in a manner that is programmatic: Non-dual Consensus Theory and Methodology. It is inclusive of many different points of view and allows us to evolve gracefully over time, getting smarter at each stage.
- Focus on bootstrapping: While we are developing and/or deploying new and improved tools and practices for boosting mutually resolving consensus building at scale, we are using what we are building to boost our own effectiveness, creating a virtuous cycle. This innovative governance technology gives the collective the ability to grow and propagate, market ourselves, and support projects we love through continual bootstrapping and community building. It means that we get bigger, wiser, and more powerful over time on an exponential curve.Our DAO is designed to sustain itself through our design constitution, written and progressed, level by level, stage by stage, via smart contracts and high level consensus building.
- Fully compliant with US securities law, trade law, and copyright law: Many DAOs raise money by selling tokens that represent shares of their company, called “securities,” that are regulated by the SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission). Because of the high potential for scams, the laws around tokens are worryingly murky and confusing, making many DAOs exist in a gray area. By contrast, we are not selling shares in a company, but rather co-ownership of our copyright and intellectual property which give access to unique online digital events. This means that we are more like a creative studio, production company or creative agency, a collaborative of artists, writers, strategists, scientists, designers and developers. Since copyright law is much clearer and more developed than securities law regarding tokens, this means stability and transparency for our investors and less headache for anyone in the likely scenario of SEC laws changing on a whim.
- A creative ecosystem: Our DAO functions as a creative production company, design studio, creative agency and even broadcast network. As a network of individuals and companies, we offer entrepreneurs and start-ups with a shared purpose a dynamic new ecosystem for research, development, piloting, and product launch.
- We are interdependent agents: On today’s internet, participants are consigned to be “customers” and “users.” Building upon the dynamics of web3 (the next generation of internet) design, our entire marketplace is one of pure collaboration. In our model, we all become interdependent and empowered “collaborators” instead of passive consumers. This is not just semantics–the mental model makes a huge difference in the design.
- We are an ecosystem and this is our constitution: This means our DAO creates a novel online public digital ecosystem of individuals, start-ups, nonprofits and research partners performing as a collaborative network, connected via digital wallets. This constitution is therefore the constitution for the forming of the DAO and the entire marketplace and community of DAO collaborators and partners.
- We value quality and expertise: Big Mother as a DAO community is composed of artists, entrepreneurs, developers and designers that have been focused on solutions to the problems of web 2.0 for more than a decade. We have substantial experience in the field and offer significant contributions to the field of collective intelligence.
- The Big Mother DAO is the unfolding of specific business and logistic operations that slowly replaces the dominance of Web 2.0 architecture, marketplace by marketplace, with Web 3.0 architecture.
- Our business model is solid: This means our DAO has the design and most importantly business plan, including three year marketplace projections, for the initiation of a functioning working ecosystem with supply and demand marketplaces that can produce predictable and measurable results against Big Data and the architecture supported by Google and Facebook.
- We take advantage of creativity and virality: The DOBM operates a creative type of community building and organization, a method of marketing and communication that stimulates an active and viral community marketplace with spontaneous collaboration between artists, designers, writers, scientists, start-ups and thought leaders of web3 design and philosophy.
- We offer a healthier funding alternative to Wall Street: Our DAO therefore raises awareness and resources for DAO partners, allowing them to bootstrap development while providing pathways to investment outside of VC and Wall Street banking that is also SEC-compliant.
- The community of the BMD generates creations in the form of intellectual property, from design to code, from art to science, and then sells this IP in the form of an NFT game.
- This includes all manner of any type of copyright or IP generation, from music to art, from narrative marketing to memes. The purpose of the DAO is to broadcast the media it generates, functioning as a new type of production company that functions around community, art and the acquisition of resources necessary to transform web2.0 into web3.
- Members join the DAO through a digital wallet, either via direct invitation from a DAO member or via playing our NFT DAO game.
- While it is not a formal company, as a creative community it does have an organizing principle that it forms around as it raises awareness and resources for its purpose, which is this DAO constitution.
- As a DAO, it also has a plan, whereas the first plan is the DAO forming itself by executing a creative NFT game designed by leading artists that redirects resources and awareness towards building a number of technical assets and companies.
- The DAO, as a creative studio, releases work in “seasons.”
- Each “season” that the DAO releases features a unique creative or design product which also takes the form of an NFT, along with a media plan and business strategy that brings value back to both the project, and the DAO.
- Season 1 is an NFT series called “The Master Meme” which features Bucky Fuller in a cartoon strip along with an online digital event that turns the formation of the DAO itself.
- A “season” therefore is a combination of unique art, music, designs or story that has a community around it and a strategy to convert the community into a DAO collaborative, a media plan, and a growth opportunity for every participant, from the creator to the full audience.